Two Decade Old Encryption Software
Here is the official and final resting page of an antique, yet still working, piece of encryption software.
Written entirely in C++, Krypto Zone is a lightweight, fast and user-friendly encryption software. Krypto Zone uses AES-128 and RSA-1024 encryption for privacy. It can be used to sign, encrypt, decrypt and securely erase any files. It also implements secure memory management and sanitization (DOD 5220.22-M) with non-trivial memory allocation mechanism using the Kernel’s page cache.
- AES 128-bit symmetric encryption.
- RSA 1024-bit asymmetric encryption.
- Secure File Eraser (Clearing and Sanitization Methods DOD 5220.22-M).
- Self-extracting encrypted files (similar to self-extracting Zip file).
- The receiver does not need Krypto Zone to open SFX archives.
- MD5 128-bit.
- Password manager.
- Multi file encryption, drag & drop and contextual menu.
- Text file editor using Memory Mapped Files with Kernel’s page cache and sanitization methods after use.
- 556 KB size (without documentation).
- Support from Windows 95 to Windows 10.